Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pascal Dupuis suffers knee injury in Penguins loss to Sens

The Pittsburgh Penguins go blown out on Monday night.  They're hoping the same isn't true about Pascal Dupuis' knee.

The veteran left winger took some friendly fire early in the match when Ottawa Senators' defenseman Marc Methot sent Penguins' center Sidney Crosby flying with a huge hip check on open ice, spinning into Dupuis and taking him out at the knees - going down immediately and nailing the end boards with a thud.

Crosby questioned the validity of the hit, engaging in a spirited discussion with Methot while team trainers attended to Dupuis.  " I haven't seen the replay. I don't know how low it was. He almost blew my knee out so it was pretty low," Crosby said. "I don't know if it was right above my knee or above my hip, but it was awfully close."


Methot waved off allegations of a dirty hit, "He wasn't happy about it and I wouldn't be happy either so I don't blame him for coming at me a bit," the physical blue liner said. " I thought it was a clean hit. I've been throwing hip checks my whole career and I'm 6-foot-3 and I don't think I can get much lower than his knees."
Dupuis, who has seven goals and 13 helpers in 39 games was helped off the ice and obviously wasn't going to return.
The injury was typically described as a lower-body injury, and neither Bylsma nor anyone in the Penguins organization offered any sort of an update to his status, so it should be assumed that Dupuis is day-to-day until the Panguins say otherwise.

http://www.sportsinjuryalert.com/2013/12/pascal-dupuis-suffers-knee-injury-in.html

No comments:

Post a Comment