Thursday, November 28, 2013

Docs say 2-3 weeks, Wild's Parise says he's "day-to-day"

Zach Parise is tough.  After all, he is a hockey player.

The Minnesota Wild forward showed up at Xcel Energy Center on Wednesday morning limping in a walking boot - the result of taking a puck to the foot while trying to block a shot by St. Louis forward Alexander Steen on Monday night - then emerged from the locker room in skates and ready to take part in the team skate.

He left the skate early after taking line rushes, but experiencing pain when trying to participate in other drills.

"I was hoping I could give it a shot, but as it went on and as I tried to do different things that are more game-like and reactionary, it hurt too much to try to be ale to play." Parise told startribune.com, "I know that I wouldn’t be effective or comfortable out there."

The eight year veteran has been diagnosed with a foot contusion and was expected to miss two to three weeks, but given the effort his alternate captain is putting forth, Wild fans shouldn't be shocked to see him back earlier.

"I’m more so taking it day by day and seeing how I feel and getting some treatment." Parise added, "I understand you have to, but I don’t like to put a time frame on things. I’ll try to play when I can."

At 15-7-4, the Wild's 34 points puts them dead-even with the Colorado Avalanche at 3rd place in the tough Central division, so Minnesota could use their leading scorer back when they host the Avs on Saturday night, not that it would matter to the 29 year old Parise who his team was playing.

"It wouldn’t matter to me who we were playing. I don’t like to miss games. I don’t want to sit out, so it doesn’t matter what the schedule looks like."

Photo credit - AP Photo/The Canadian Press/John Woods

http://sportsinjuryalert.com/docs-say-2-3-weeks-wilds-parise-says-hes-day-to-day/

No comments:

Post a Comment